Debian Installer - a developers view on it's past, present & future
- history (boot-floppies, 2002-2005, the d-i-team consisting of developers and translators)
- design (debconf (preseeding), udebs, main-menu, different boot-medias and levels)
- development (communication, branches, testing d-i, ...)
- i18n (status-quo, howto, goals)
- BTS (using it, helping us), manual, wiki (how to use it, how not)
- future plans and goals (this will be worked out during debcamp)
This talk will be delivered by some people from the debian-installer team (Joey Hess, Christian Perrier, Franz Pop and myself allready confirmed to supply some bits, others are welcome to join). I will make sure this talk will happen and fill the gaps if needed.
The main purposes of this talk are: a.) inform the debian crowd about d-i (present & future plans) and b.) get more people involved.
Talk (45 min)
D-I talk in XML. First version (we're hurrying a lot..:-))